I hate confrontation and awkward moments with a very real passion.
Today, NaBloPoMo asked me to be blunt and honest with my thoughts. So, I’ve decided to compile a list of 13 very real (and very awkward) statements and thoughts that I would never say aloud for fear of embarrassment and/or physical retaliation by those around me. Enjoy.
- I really hate Chinese food. I just go to the restaurants with my friends because I don’t want to say no to people.
- To the person that physically hit me with their car and drove off: “AM I INVISIBLE? DO YOU NOT SEE ME WALKING RIGHT BEHIND YOU? PAY ATTENTION OR YOU’LL BE PAYING MY COLLEGE BILLS WHEN I SUE.”
- I think crop tops sound terrible at all times. Seriously, I just don’t get it. Aren’t you cold?
- “The Star Wars trilogy is stupid.”
- Sometimes I prioritize finishing homework over brushing my teeth in the mornings. Judge me.
- I hate people that don’t read a book series before watching the movie franchise for it and then pretend to be an expert on the plot line.
- Spending all of your money on alcohol is irresponsible and foolish. College isn’t just about drinking.
- Pretty sure I’ve gone 4 days straight without showering this semester.
- Also positive I’ve gone more than 3 weeks without doing laundry.
- Exercising and eating right is the bane of my existence. I haven’t “exercised” since September unless you count opening the fridge and pulling myself out of bed (which I sometimes do).
- I love One Direction. Call me juvenile, but I can sing every song of theirs right now. (I’m also incidentally planning my marriage to Harry right now, but that’s beside the point.)
- One of the students at the middle school asked me about reproduction, and I turned beet red and simply turned and walked away. Teacher of the year, am I right?
- I constantly tell people that my only “checklist” item for a future husband is his ability to speak with a British accent (or at least fake one). This isn’t a complete lie.